Water is the elixir of life. And yet, in many regions of the nation water shortages are acute and perennial. Our numerous initiatives, deployed at the grassroots level with the cooperation of local communities, are addressing this stark issue through conservation and harvesting of water, boosting local farm produce and rural incomes.
- Constructed and renovated 4900+ toilets in schools and communities.
- Supported Rs.10.96 crore solid waste management project in Tamil Nadu, benefitting 56 wards with 4 lakh+ people.
- 350 metric tonnes of compost generated from organic waste in FY 2020 at operating locations.
- Adopted Sri Adi Sankaracharya Janmasthan-Kalady as a ‘Swachh Iconic Place.
- 280+ villages transformed from water-scarce to water-positive dwellings through Project Boond.
- The 'Madurai Meenakshi Temple Project', supported by BPCL, has been awarded ‘Best Swacch Iconic Place in India.’
- A 10-km stretch of the Ichamati river in Bengal cleaned.
- Collaborated with M/s. RCF to produce 15 MLD of treated water from a sewage treatment plant, in which BPCL’s share is 6 KL. This has reduced the dependency on the municipality for fresh water.